Being a young adult, acne is something I’m always struggling with. For months, I’d try and cover up my blemishes with tons of makeup, thinking that would be the only way to make my skin look “clear”. But, with the help of countless articles and YouTube videos, I have found a straightforward, less than 10 minute skincare routine! I truly feel these products help restore your skin barrier and keep your skin clear. Below, I will list my morning and night routine, and then go in depth on each of the amazing items! Email me with your feedback and any questions you may have:-) Xoxo Giulia
- CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
- The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Face Serum
- CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30
- CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
- Drunk Elephant Glycolic Night Serum
- CeraVe Daily Moisturizer
- Bye Bye Blemish Acne Drying Lotion
- ONCE A WEEK: The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution
Morning – In Depth
1. CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser (for Normal to Oily Skin): This cleanser is my holy grail!! I have oily skin and this has definitely minimized the shine on my face! I love how this product is fragrance free and non-comedogenic. With these key factors, I easily notice that my skin isn’t irritated and red after I wash my face. Also, this product is great for acne! It cleanses your pores without stripping your skin barrier. I highly reccomend this product to anyone who is struggling with acne, hyperpigmentation, and/or just looking for a gentle daily cleanser!!
2. The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Face Serum: Recently, this product went viral on social media. I was in need of an everyday facial serum, so I decided to give it a try. And, I am so ecstatic I did! In days, I saw an impressive difference in my skin! This product minimized my pores so well!! It also reduced blotchiness, which I get from sun exposure. Even better, this products helps diminish fine lines and wrinkles. After I wash my face, I use the dropper (comes with the product) and apply a dime sized amount on the tips of my fingers and mainly focus it on the T-zone of my face. I find the dropper makes the application process very easy! If you are struggling with any of the conditions listed above, I encourage you to check out this product!
3. CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30: After reading many articles that have come out about how sunscreen is a MUST HAVE in order to postpone wrinkles in your skin, I figured I am young; and I might as well start applying sunscreen to my face and neck before it is too late! I find this product is so similar to a plain moisturizer that you don’t even realize you are applying sunscreen to your face-which is AWESOME. I’m sure you know the awful feeling that sunscreen has, and this moisturizer minimizes that texture almost 100%! This product is a great way to get your sunscreen in without thinking twice about it. It is quite similar to the CeraVe Daily Moisturizer, except with the bonus of SPF 30 in it.
Night – In Depth
1. CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser (for Normal to Oily Skin): This cleanser is my holy grail!! I have oily skin and this has definitely minimized the shine on my face! I love how this product is fragrance free and non-comedogenic. With these key factors, I easily notice that my skin isn’t irritated and red after I wash my face. Also, this product is great for acne! It cleanses your pores without stripping your skin barrier. I highly reccomend this products to anyone who is struggling with acne, hyperpigmentation, and/or just looking for a gentle daily cleanser!!
2. Drunk Elephant Glycolic Night Serum: Before I begin talking about this product, YES I know it is expensive! I bought the travel size version for my birthday because of all the good reviews I had heard, and after using this product for a couple of months I can confirm this serum is amazing! My skin’s texture has became so much more even and clear. I notice fewer “cyst like” breakouts in my problem areas, as well as redness on my cheeks. I apply this product mainly to my T-zone areas, to help reduce hyperpigmentation and blemishes! I highly recommend those with combination/oily skin to buy the travel size and try it out!
3. CeraVe Daily Moisturizer (for Normal to Dry Skin): After using this product for a couple months, I have seen a drastic transformation in my skin! After I wash my face with the CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, I put a dime sized amount in my hand, and apply it to my entire face and neck. Instantly, I can tell my skin is extremely hydrated and smooth! Throughout the day, my skin’s oil production has decreased dramatically! I also love how this product is fragrance free and non-comedogenic. Even though it may seem like a basic moisturizer, it is packed with 3 essential ceramides (which protects the skin’s barrier and help skin retain moisture)! Overall, this product is great for anyone who wants a daily moisturizer with fantastic ingredients!
4. Bye Bye Blemish Acne Drying Lotion: When I struggle with my acne, the first thing I do is apply a spot treatment. I’ve tried so many, from the Differin Gel to the Mario Badescu drying lotion. But, my blemishes would still take forever to calm down and disappear. After finding this product, my cystic acne has decreased so much! After applying my moisturizer, I take a Q-tip and dip it in the pink solution. Then, I dab it on my acne. It takes around 2-3 minutes to dry. Then, I put my head on my pillow and go to sleep (no residue goes on your pillow once dry)! In the morning, most of the pink solution has absorbed in my skin. After one night, my acne always looks less red and inflamed! In total, I would say it takes around 3 days for my cystic pimple to go away. I’ve made my parents and relatives try this product and they feel the same way! They love how noticeably clear their skin looks the morning after applying. This is a great affordable acne treatment for anyone who is struggling with their skin!!
5. The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution (ONCE A WEEK): Yes, I know what your thinking, why would I put a chemical peel on my face?! Well, that’s what I thought regardless of hearing the fantastic reviews about this product. But once I gave in to purchasing it, I have not looked back!! This product may seem scary at first, but it has so many amazing benefits. To apply, I use the dropper and put a small amount on the tips of my fingers. Then a focus the product on my T-zone, and lightly apply it to the rest of my face. And to mention, this product is a deep red color! For the next 30 seconds, the product will have a slight sting (VERY BEARABLE). Wash after 10 minutes. This solution makes my skin feel baby smooth, improves skin texture, and appear so much brighter! Also, this solution has the same dropper as the The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Face Serum, which I love! Almost all of The Ordinary’s products do. Considering the affordable price, I highly suggest you give this product a try if you have acne prone skin!
I know that was a lot to read, but I wanted to make sure I gave all the information I have!! I genuinely love how my skin is right now thanks to these low-cost essentials. If you were looking to buy any of the products listed, I would greatly appreciate if you purchased through my links (but no pressure whatsoever)!! Please email me if you have any questions, concerns, or feedback! XOXO, Giulia
DISCLAIMER- I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL IN THIS FEILD! THESE ARE JUST MY OPINIONS AND PERSONAL EXPERIENCES.